AOL Desktop Gold is the best desktop software that comes with amazing security features. It enables you to protect your AOL account from external hackers or unauthorized access. Having the automatic updates feature makes it the first choice of the users. It saves both time and space on your computer. Known for hassle-free replacement of the old versions by the new ones, it another special feature of this software.
Are you interested to know the process of download, installation, and uninstallation of AOL desktop gold? If so, then continue to browse and learn the effective process of doing all the 3 activities.
But remember before doing any of the processes, you have to check your system requirements.
Know Essential System Requirements for AOL desktop gold -
For AOL gold download, your computer should have a minimum of 512 MB of free space on a hard drive. Also, it should be run windows 7, 8, or 10. Apart from this, your computer should have requirements such as-
- Internet connection
- A processor of 266 MHz or faster
- Internet Explorer 7+
- 1024 x 768 or higher screen resolution
- 1 GB RAM
Now let’s move on and explore -
How to download Desktop Gold
If you have an AOL advantage plan member, Desktop Gold trial, or subscription, then use the link in official AOL signup confirmation mail.
How to install Desktop Gold -
When you are done with downloading this software, then, the next process is to install it perfectly on your computer. Follow the steps below-given to install desktop gold-
- First of all, open file explore on the desktop taskbar
- The next step is to the downloads folder
- Now you have to double click on Install Install_AOL_Desktop icon
- Finally, click on Run and the software will be installed in your computer
How to uninstall Desktop Gold-
The uninstallation process of Desktop Gold is a little different for Windows 7 and 8 and windows10. For uninstalling this application from your computer, you have to follow the below-mentioned instructions.
How to uninstall the AOL Desktop Gold program on Window 7 and 8
- Click on the window icon and go to control panel
- Now tab on the uninstall a program under the programs
- Now from the list of installed software, click on the one which are you are wishing to uninstall
- Click on the top of uninstall/change
- Now click on the 'yes' that will show on the screen on a new message box
- Now your program will start uninstalling process
- After the uninstallation process, click on the 'ok' to confirm the process
How to uninstall AOL Desktop Gold software on Windows 10
There are several methods to uninstall a program on Windows 10. You can uninstall directly from the start menu, setting page, and control panel.
Let's see the simple uninstallation process of Windows 10 programs.
- First, go to the start button and search the app or program in the list
- After that, right-click on that particular program and press and hold on it, then choose to uninstall
- Within a second that program will uninstall from your computer
Know how to resolve common AOL Desktop Gold won’t open issue?
If you are done with the processor running the AOL Desktop Gold smoothly, then it may be a chance that someday you may encounter the most common AOL Desktop Gold won’t open issue.
- Let's know in advance how to troubleshoot this issue.
- Have a look at the prime reasons for this error-
- In case, when the software was not installed or download right
- It may be a chance at installation or download file may be corrupted due to any reason
- If the hard drive is damaged
- Another reason may be that your AOL Desktop Gold software conflicts with other software of your computer
- When your computer is infected with malware, then also AOL Desktop Gold won’t open issue arise
- And other reasons
Be it any reason, you can fix this issue either by yourself or with the help of technical experts. If you are thinking to fix it by yourself, then let’s read this step-wise guide to fix ‘AOL Desktop Gold won’t open’ problem! Follow all the steps strictly and resolve this common error.
- Firstly run the anti-virus scan for finding and removing the viruses or malware
- Then check out your computer requirements whether they are meeting all the requirements needed to download and install the AOL Desktop Gold software.
- Now turn off the Windows firewall or antivirus for a while and try to open your software again
- If there is still a problem, then clear browser’s cache memory
- Ensure that your internet connection is stable
- Stop the downloading of other files for a while during resolving this software issue
- If all these steps are not able to fix the issue, then uninstall the software and reinstall.
Hopefully now it would start working. In addition to this, if you face the same error again, then you have to connect with the expert. You can call us and ask for assistance. We are ready to help you in the best possible manner.